Cherry Rum Balls
about 4 dozen cookies
cup SPECIAL DARK Chocolate Chips or Semi-Sweet Chocolate
- 1/2 cup rum
- 1/4 cup light corn
cups finely crushed vanilla wafer cookies (about 80 cookies)
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup powdered
Additional powdered sugar
Red candied cherries, halved (optional)
- Place chocolate chips in small
- Microwave at MEDIUM (50%) 1 minute;
stir. If necessary, microwave at MEDIUM an additional 15
seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, until chips
- Stir in rum and corn syrup.
- Stir together vanilla wafer crumbs,
pecans, and 1/2 cup powdered sugar.
- Drizzle chocolate mixture over crumb
mixture, stirring until well blended.
- Shape mixture into 1-inch balls and
roll in powdered sugar.
- If desired, place cherry half in center
of each cookie, pressing down lightly.
- Store in airtight container several
days to develop flavor.
- Before serving, roll balls in
additional powdered sugar, if desired.
Page 1 of 1