Chocolate Almond Thumbprint
about 3-1/2 dozen cookies
Prep Time: 15 min
Baking Time: 20 min
- 1 - cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine,
- 2/3 - cup sugar
- 2 - egg yolks
- 1/2 - teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 - cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 - cup Cocoa
- 1/2 - teaspoon salt
- 1 - cup finely chopped almonds
FILLING (recipe below)
- 42 KISSES Brand Milk Chocolates with
Preheat oven to 350°F.
In a mixing bowl, beat butter, sugar,
egg yolks and vanilla until well blended.
- Stir together flour, cocoa and salt;
gradually beat into butter mixture.
- Roll dough into 1-inch balls; roll
balls in almonds.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Press thumb gently in center of each
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until set.
- Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.
- Prepare CHOCOLATE FILLING.
- Remove wrappers from chocolates.
- Spoon or pipe about 1/4 teaspoon
filling into each thumbprint.
- Gently press candy in center of each
- 1/2 - cup powdered sugar
- 1 - Tablespoon Cocoa
- 1 - Tablespoon softened butter
- 2-1/2 - teaspoons milk
- 1/4 - teaspoon vanilla extract in small
bowl; beat until smooth.
- In a small bowl, combine powdered
sugar, Cocoa, softened butter, milk and vanilla extract.
- Beat until smooth.
Page 1 of 1