Chewy Brownie Cookies
about 3 dozen cookies
Prep Time: 15 min
Baking Time: 9 min
- 2/3 - cup shortening
- 1-1/2 - cups packed light brown sugar
- 1 - Tablespoon water
- 1 - teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 - eggs
- 1-1/2 - cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 - cup Cocoa or SPECIAL DARK Cocoa
- 1/2 - teaspoon salt
- 1/4 - teaspoon baking soda
- 2 - cups (12-oz. pkg.) SPECIAL DARK Chocolate Chips or
Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1/4 - cup chopped walnuts (optional)
Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Beat shortening, brown sugar, water and vanilla in large
bowl on medium speed of mixer until well blended. Add eggs
and beat well.
- Stir together flour, cocoa, salt and baking soda.
- Gradually add to sugar mixture, beating on low speed just
until blended. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons 2 inches apart onto ungreased
- Sprinkle chopped walnuts on each cookie, pressing down
- Bake 7 to 9 minutes or until cookies are set.
- Cookies will appear soft and moist. Do not overbake.
- Cool 2 minutes and remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.
Page 1 of 1