Orange Cocoa Streusel Coffee Cake
Makes 12 servings
Prep Time: 15 min.
Baking Time: 1 hr. 5 min.
STREUSEL (recipe below)
- 3/4 - cup (1-1/2 sticks) butter or
- 1 - cup sugar
- 3 - eggs
- 1 - teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 - cup dairy sour cream
- 3 - cups all-purpose flour
- 2 - teaspoons baking powder
- 1 - teaspoon baking soda
- 1 - cup orange juice
- 2 - teaspoons freshly grated
- 1/2 - cup orange marmalade or
Prepare COCOA STREUSEL. Preheat oven
to 350°F. Generously grease 12-cup fluted tube pan.
- Beat butter and sugar in large
bowl until well blended. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well.
- Add sour cream; beat until
- Stir together flour, baking powder
and baking soda; add alternately with orange juice to butter
mixture, beating until well blended.
- Stir in orange peel.
- Spread marmalade in bottom of
prepared pan; sprinkle half of streusel over marmalade.
- Pour half of batter into pan,
- Sprinkle remaining streusel over
batter; spread remaining batter evenly over streusel.
Bake 1 hour to 1 hour and 5 minutes or until wooden pick inserted
in center of cake comes out clean.
- With metal spatula, loosen cake
from side of pan; immediately invert onto serving plate.
- Serve warm or cool.
- 2/3 - cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 - cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 - cup Cocoa
- 1/2 - cup Sweetened Coconut
Flakes, if desired
- In a small bowl, add light brown
sugar, walnuts, Cocoa and MOUNDS Sweetened Coconut Flakes.
- Stir ingredients.
Page 1 of 1