Streusel Topped Coffee Cake
one (9-inch) cake
Prep Time: 30 min
Cook Time: 35 min
- 2 - cups all-purpose flour
- 2 - teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 - teaspoon salt
- 1/4 - cup butter or margarine, softened
- 3/4 - cup sugar
- 1 - egg
- 1/2 - cup milk
- 1 1/3 - cups (one-half 27-ounce) jar
- Streusel Topping (recipe follows)
Preheat oven 375°F. Grease 9-inch square
- Stir together flour, baking powder and
salt. Set aside.
- In large bowl, beat butter and sugar
until fluffy. Beat in egg.
- On low speed, add milk alternately with
dry ingredients and blend well.
- Stir in mincemeat.
- Spread batter in square baking pan.
Sprinkle with streusel topping.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until toothpick
inserted near center comes out clean. Serve warm.
- Store leftovers covered at room
- 1/2 - cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 - Tablespoons flour
- 2 - teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 - Tablespoons cold butter
- 1/2 - cup chopped nuts
- In medium bowl, combine firmly packed
brown sugar, flour and ground cinnamon.
- Cut in cold butter until crumbly.
- Stir in chopped nuts.
Page 1 of 1