Cinnamon Chip Applesauce
12 to 15 servings
Prep Time: 15 min
Baking Time: 35 min
- 1 - cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine,
- 1 - cup granulated sugar
- 2 - eggs
- 1/2 - teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 - cup applesauce
- 2-1/2 - cups all-purpose flour
- 1 - teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 - teaspoon salt
- 1-2/3 - cups (10-oz. pkg.) Cinnamon Chips
- 1 - cup chopped pecans (optional)
- EASY GLAZE
(recipe below) or powdered sugar
Preheat oven to 350-degrees F. Lightly grease
13x9x2-inch baking pan.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and
granulated sugar on medium speed of mixer until well blended.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla. Mix in
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt.
Gradually add to butter mixture, beating until well blended.
- Stir in cinnamon chips and pecans, if
desired. Spread into prepared pan.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until wooden
pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
Drizzle with glaze or sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- 3/4 - cup powdered sugar
- 1 to 2 - Tablespoons warm water.
- In a small bowl, stir together powdered
sugar and warm water.