Apple Streusel Coffee Cake
Prep Time: 20 min.
Baking Time: 1 hr.
- 2 - large Granny Smith apples,
peeled, coarsely chopped
- 2-1/2 - cups flour, divided
- 1/2 - cup firmly packed brown
- 1 - teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 - cup (1/2 stick) cold butter
- 1 - cup Chopped Pecans
- 1 - teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 - teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 - cup (1 stick) butter,
- 1 - cup granulated sugar
- 2 - eggs
- 2 - teaspoon vanilla
- 1 - cup Sour Cream
Preheat oven to 350-degrees F. Greased
and flour 10-inch tube pan.
Alan's Kitchen Tip
- Place apples in microwaveable
bowl. Microwave on HIGH 1 min. or until crisp-tender.
- Drain apples and set aside to
- Meanwhile, combine 1/2 cup of the
flour, the brown sugar and cinnamon in medium bowl.
- Cut in 1/4 cup cold butter with
pastry blender or two knives until mixture resembles coarse
- Stir in pecans and set aside.
- Mix remaining 2 cups flour, the
baking powder and baking soda; set aside.
- Beat 1/2 cup softened butter and
the granulated sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium
speed until light and fluffy.
- Blend in eggs and vanilla.
- Add flour mixture alternately with
the sour cream, beating until well blended after each addition.
- Stir in apples.
- Pour into 10-inch tube pan.
Sprinkle with the pecan mixture.
- Bake 1 hour or until toothpick
inserted near center comes out clean.
If using a tube pan with removable bottom, run a thin knife or spatula around
edge of pan to loosen cooled cake from side of pan. Remove side of pan. Run a
knife or spatula along the bottom edge of pan to remove the cake from the pan