Praline Cheesecake with Hot Fudge Carmel Sauce
Prep Time: 30 min
Baking Time: 1 hrs 20 min
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup ground or very finely chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup English toffee bits or milk chocolate English toffee
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 packages (8-ounce) cream cheese, softened
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup English toffee bits or milk chocolate English toffee
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/4 butter
- 2/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 2 squares (1-ounce) bittersweet or semi-sweet
baking chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Preheat oven to 300°F. Lightly grease sides only of 10-inch
- In a medium bowl, stir together 1/4 cup butter, 1 cup graham
cracker crumbs and 1/2 cup ground or very finely chopped pecans,
and 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar.
- Press crumb mixture evenly on bottom and 1-inch up sides of
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are lightly
- Remove from oven; immediately sprinkle 1/2 cup toffee bits
on hot, partially baked crust.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl, combine 1 cup sugar and cream
cheese . Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl occasionally, until
- Add eggs; continue beating until well mixed. (DO NOT OVER
- Pour over crust. Bake for 65 to 70 minutes or until edges
are set and lightly browned.
- Center will move slightly when side of pan is tapped.
- Loosen cheesecake from side of pan by running greased knife
around inside of pan. Immediately sprinkle 1/4 cup toffee bits
and 1/4 cup chopped pecans on top.
- Cool 1 hour on cooling rack at room temperature. Refrigerate
in pan, uncovered, until thoroughly chilled (3 to 4 hours).
Cover; refrigerate until serving.
- Meanwhile, in 2-quart saucepan over medium heat, melt 1/4
cup butter; stir in 2/3 cup brown sugar, whipping cream and corn
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until mixture just comes to a
boil (2 to 3 minutes). Boil 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Add chocolate; stir until melted and smooth. Stir in
vanilla. Cool slightly; place in microwave-safe bowl. Cover;
refrigerate until serving time.
- Just before serving, microwave sauce on HIGH, stirring every
30 seconds, until warm (30 seconds to 1 1/2 minutes).
- Loosen side of cheesecake by running knife around inside of
pan. Carefully remove side of pan.
- To serve, dip knife in warm water for easier cutting. Clean
knife after each cut. Serve sauce over cheesecake slices.
Alan's Kitchen Tip
Cheesecake can be baked
in 9 to 11-inch springform pan.
Page 1 of 1