Prep Time: 40 min.
Baking Time: 1 hrs. 15 min.
Chill Time: 8 hrs.
- 1 - cup vanilla wafer, chocolate
wafer, graham cracker or gingersnap cookie crumbs
- 2 - Tablespoons butter or margarine,
- 3 - packages (8 ounces each) cream
- 1/2 - cup sugar
- 3 - eggs
- 1 - teaspoon vanilla
- 1 - bag (12 ounces) white baking
chips, (2 cups), melted
- 1/2 - cup half-and-half
- Cut-up fresh strawberries, if desired
- Fresh mint leaf, if desired
Preheat oven to 325įF. Mix cookie crumbs
and butter in small bowl. Press evenly in bottom of spring-form pan, 10x3
or 9x3 inches. Refrigerate while preparing filling.
- Beat cream cheese in large bowl with
electric mixer on medium speed until smooth.
- Gradually beat in sugar until smooth.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time.
- Beat in vanilla, melted baking chips
and half-and-half until blended.
- Pour over crust; smooth top.
- Bake 55 to 60 minutes or until center
is set; cool 15 minutes.
- Run metal spatula around side of
cheesecake to loosen.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 8
hours, but no longer than 48 hours. Remove side of pan.
- Top cheesecake with strawberries.
Garnish with mint leaves.
- Store covered in refrigerator.
Alanís Kitchen Tips
Donít have a spring-form pan? Make and
bake this recipe in a 13x9x2-inch rectangular pan. Cut the cheesecake into
squares, or cut with cookie cutters in holiday shapes. Miniature cookie
cutters make mini-cheesecakes, the perfect size for placing on cookie