Easy Homemade Praline
Makes 12 to 16 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Baking Time: 1 hr. 20 min.
Chilling Time: 2 hours minutes
- 1 package Spice Cake Mix
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 3 packages (8 ounces) cream cheese
- 1-1/4 cups brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 large eggs
- 1-1/2 Tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 Tablespoons Maple Syrup
- Pecan halves
Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease 9-inch
- In a large bowl, add combine cake mix,
oil and 1/3 cup pecans in large bowl. Mix well.
- Press into bottom of pan.
- Bake at 350 ºF for 20 to 30 minutes.
Remove from oven.
- Increase oven temperature to 450 ºF.
- In a large bowl, place cream cheese in
- Beat at low speed with electric mixer
adding brown sugar and flour gradually.
- Add eggs and vanilla extract, mixing
only until incorporated.
- Fold in 1/2 cup pecans. Pour filling
- Bake at 450°F for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 250°F.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes longer, or
- Loosen cake from sides of pan with
knife or spatula.
- Cool completely on cooling rack.
- Refrigerate 2 hours or until ready to
serve. Remove sides of pan.
- To serve, brush top with maple syrup.
Garnish with pecan halves.