Brownie Bottomed Peanut
Butter and Milk Chocolate Chip Cheesecake
10 to 12 servings
- 1 - cup Hershey's Milk Chocolate
- 1 - cup Reese's Peanut Butter Chips,
- 6 - tablespoons butter or margarine,
- 1-1/4 - cups sugar
- 1 - teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 - eggs
- 1 - cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose
- 1/3 - cup Hershey's Cocoa
- 1/2 - teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 - teaspoon salt
Layer (recipe below)
- 1/2 - teaspoon shortening (do not use
butter, shortening, spread or oil)
Preheat oven to 350�F. Grease 9-inch
spring-form pan. Set aside 1 tablespoon each milk chocolate chips and
peanut butter chips for drizzle.
- In large bowl, stir together butter,
sugar and vanilla with spoon or wire whisk.
- Add eggs; stir until well
- Stir in flour, cocoa, baking powder
and salt; blend well.
- Spread in prepared pan.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until brownie
begins to pull away from side of pan.
- Meanwhile make cheesecake layer.
- Immediately after removing brownie
from oven, sprinkle remaining milk chocolate chips and peanut butter
chips over brownie surface.
- Spoon cheesecake layer mixture over
- Return to oven; continue baking 45 to
50 minutes or until almost set.
- Remove from oven to wire rack. With
knife, loosen cake from side of pan.
- Cool 2 hours; cover. Refrigerate 3 to
4 hours or until thoroughly chilled. Remove side of pan.
- Stir together reserved milk chocolate
chips, reserved peanut butter chips and 1/2 teaspoon shortening in
small microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave at HIGH (100%) 30
seconds; stir. If necessary, microwave at HIGH 15 seconds at a
time, stirring after heating, until chips are melted and mixture is
smooth when stirred.
- Drizzle over top of cheesecake. Store,
covered, in refrigerator.
- 3 packages (8 oz. each) softened cream
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Beat softened cream cheese and sugar
until smooth in large mixer bowl.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well
after each addition.
- Stir in vanilla extract.