Chunky Applesauce Cake Loaf
Makes 1 loaf or 24 slices servings.
This loaf cake is extra moist and very apple.
1 - cup brown sugar, packed
1/2 - cup butter, softened
1 - egg
1 - tsp. vanilla
1 - cup chunky applesauce
2 - cup all-purpose flour
1 - teaspoon salt
1 - teaspoon baking soda
1 - teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 - teaspoon ground cloves
1 - cup raisins
1/2 - cup chopped nuts
Preheat oven to 350�F. Grease bottom only of loaf pan, 9x5x3 inches.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer on high speed, beat brown sugar
and butter 2 minutes.
- Add the in egg, vanilla and applesauce.
the flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon and cloves.
- Then stir into brown
- Next, stir in raisins and nuts.
- Pour batter into pan.
- Bake 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center
comes out clean.
- Allow loaf to cool for 15 minutes.
- Loosen sides of loaf
from pan and remove from pan to wire rack.
- Cool completely, about 1 hour,