Cafe Mocha Cake
Makes 1 layer
- cup all-purpose flour
- cup confectioners� sugar
- teaspoon salt
- teaspoon baking powder
- egg yokes, beaten
- egg whites, beaten
- cup coffee, strong
- teaspoon coffee, strong
- Tablespoon confectioners� sugar
- cup whipped cream
- cup nuts, chopped
Preheat oven to 350� F and grease and
flour 2 8-inch baking pans.
- In a mixing bowl, sift the flour,
sugar, salt, and baking powder.
- Add the egg yolks and coffee and blend
with the flour mixture.
- Fold in the egg whites.
- Finally, add the coffee and fold
- Pour into the pan and place in oven
for 35 minutes or until done.
- To make the filling, in a mixing bowl,
ad the coffee, sugar, and cream.
- Whip ingredients lightly. Add the
- Spread between layers and over
- Just cut and serve.