Apple Pie Chocolate Brownie Cake
8 to 10 servings
Prep Time: 15 min
Baking Time: 35 to 40 min.
Time: 38 min.
Cake Recipe Directions:
Prepare APPLE TOPPING.
Preheat oven to 375-degrees F. and grease and flour 9-inch square
1) In a medium bowl, stir together flour, sugar, cocoa, baking
powder and salt.
2) Add water, shortening, egg and vanilla; beat until smooth
and well blended.
3) Spread into prepared pan. Carefully spoon APPLE TOPPING
evenly over chocolate batter to within 1/2-inch from edges; DO NOT
4) Place baking pan in oven and bake for 35 to 40 minutes or
until chocolate is set and cake-like.
5) Serve warm or cool completely in pan on wire rack and cut
into squares. Serve topped with whipped topping or ice cream, if
1) In a small bowl, stir together apple pie filling, lemon
juice and ground cinnamon.