White Chocolate-Buttermilk Layer Cake
Prep Time: 35 min
Baking Time: 35 min
Cooling Time: 35 min
- 1 - bag (12 oz) white chocolate chunks
- 1 - box (1 lb 2.25 oz) white cake mix with pudding
- 1 1/4 - cups buttermilk
- 2 - teaspoons vanilla
- 3 - egg whites
- 6 - Tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 - cup seedless strawberry jam
- 1 - package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 6 - fresh whole strawberries, halved
Preheat oven to 350�F. Grease and flour two 9- or 8-inch round
- Place 3/4 cup of the white chocolate chunks in small
- Microwave on Medium (50%) 1 to 2 minutes or until melted,
stirring once halfway through cooking time. Stir until smooth.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, buttermilk, vanilla and
- Beat at low speed about 30 seconds to mix. Gradually beat in
- Drizzle melted white chocolate into bowl, beating at medium
speed 2 minutes, thoroughly scraping side and bottom of bowl
once halfway through beating.
- Spoon batter evenly into pans.
- Bake until tops spring back when touched lightly in center.
Bake 9-inch pans 25 to 30 minutes, 8-inch pans 30 to 35
- Cool cakes in pans 10 minutes. Remove cakes from pans; place
on wire racks.
- Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place remaining 1 1/2 cups white chocolate chunks
in medium microwavable bowl. Microwave on Medium (50%) 3 to 6
minutes or until melted, stirring once halfway through cooking
time. Stir until smooth. Cool completely, about 35 minutes.
- Place 1 cake layer on serving plate and spread with
strawberry jam. Top with remaining cake layer.
- In medium bowl, beat cream cheese at medium speed until soft
- Add cooled melted white chocolate and beat until of soft
- Immediately frost side and top of cake. Arrange strawberry
halves on top of cake around edge.
- Store in refrigerator.
Page 1 of 1