Brownie Petit Fours
about 3 dozen petit fours
Prep time: 20 min.
Baking time: 25 min.
Chilling time: 2 hrs. and 30 min.
- 1/2 - cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, melted
- 1 - cup sugar
- 1 - teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 - eggs
- 1/2 - cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 - cup Cocoa
- 1/4 - teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 - teaspoon salt
- 1/2 - cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 2 - cups (12-ounce package) Mini Chips Semi-Sweet Chocolate
- 3 - Tablespoons shortening (do not use butter, margarine, spreads
- Sprinkles or decorator's icing (optional)
Preheat oven to 350�F. Line 9-inch square baking pan with foil and
- Stir together butter, sugar and vanilla in bowl. Add eggs; beat
well with spoon.
- Stir together flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; gradually add
to egg mixture, beating until well blended.
- Stir in walnuts, if desired.
- Spread batter evenly in prepared pan.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until brownie begins to pull away from
sides of pan.
- Cool completely in pan on wire rack and refrigerate about 2 hours.
- Using edges of foil, lift brownie out of pan. Peel off foil; cut
into 1-1/4 inch squares and allow to warm up to room temperature.
- Line tray with wax paper.
- Melt small chocolate chips and shortening in small heavy saucepan
over very low heat.
- Dip each brownie square into melted chocolate, covering
completely. (Return to heat if chocolate cools and is hard to coat.)
- Gently tap on side of pan to allow extra chocolate to drip off.
Place on prepared tray.
- Allow chocolate to set at room temperature or refrigerate until
set (about 30 minutes).
- Decorate as desired. (Sprinkles should be added just before
Page 1 of 1