Makes 36 bars
Prep Time: 30 min.
Baking time: 22 + 25 min.
- Crust Ingredients:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- Filling Ingredients:
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated lemon peel
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Glaze Ingredients:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 Tablespoon butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 to 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
Preheat oven to 350-degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine 2 cups all-purpose
flour, 3/4 cup sugar, and 3/4 cup butter.
- Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until
mixture resembles fine crumbs.
- Press mixture onto bottom of ungreased 13x9-inch
- Bake for 18 to 22 minutes or until edges are very
- While crust bakes, in a bowl, combine 2 cups
sugar, lemon juice, 4 eggs, lemon peel and salt. Beat at medium speed
until well mixed.
- Reduce speed to low; add 1/4 cup flour and baking
- Beat until well mixed. Pour filling over hot,
partially baked crust.
- Continue baking for 23 to 25 minutes or until top
is golden brown. Cool completely.
- In a small bowl, combine powdered sugar, 1
tablespoon butter and vanilla.
- Beat at low speed, gradually adding enough lemon
juice and scraping bowl often, until desired glazing consistency.
- Drizzle over cooled bars. Cut into bars.
Alan's Kitchen Tip:
- To cut bars into diamonds, make
diagonal cuts across the length of the pan. Make a second set of cuts
parallel to the short side of the pan.
Page 1 of 1