Sugared Soft Ginger Bars
Prep Time: 10 min.
Baking Time: 20 min.
- 1 1/4 - cups sugar
- 1 - cup butter, softened
- 1 - egg
- 3 - Tablespoons molasses
- 1 - teaspoon vanilla
- 3 - cups all-purpose flour
- 1 - teaspoon baking soda
- 2 - teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 - teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/4 - teaspoon salt
- 1/4 - teaspoon ground cloves
- 3 - Tablespoons coarse decorator sugars or sugar
Preheat oven to 350°F. Greased 15x10x1-inch
- In a large bowl, combine 1 1/4 cups sugar and
- Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until
- Add egg, molasses and vanilla. Continue beating,
scraping bowl often, until creamy.
- Reduce speed to low; add flour, baking soda,
cinnamon, ginger, salt and cloves.
- Continue beating, scraping bowl often, until well
- Press dough into greased 15x10x1-inch jelly-roll
- Sprinkle decorator sugar on top.
- Bake for 16 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool completely. Cut into desired shapes with
knife or cookie cutters.
Alan's Kitchen Tip: To Make Ornaments:
Carefully make hole in top of bars with drinking straw. Cool and thread
1/8-inch ribbon through hole and tie into bow.
Page 1 of 1