Almond Toffee Bars
2 to 3 dozen bars
Prep Time: 15 min.
Cook Time: 15+25 min.
- 1 1/2 - cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 - cup confectioners' sugar
- 3/4 - cup cold butter or margarine
- 1 - can (14-ounce) Sweetened Condensed Milk (NOT
- 1 - egg, beaten
- 1 - teaspoon almond extract
- 6 - (1 3/16-ounce) milk chocolate-covered English
toffee candy bars, cut into small pieces
- 1 - cup slivered almonds
Preheat oven to 350ºF (325ºF for glass dish).
- In medium bowl, combine flour and sugar; cut in
butter until crumbly.
- Press firmly on bottom of 13x9-inch baking pan.
Bake 15 minutes.
- In large bowl, combine Sweetened Condensed Milk,
egg and extract; mix well.
- Stir in toffee pieces and almonds. Spread mixture
evenly over prepared crust.
- Bake 25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool.
- Cut into bars. Store leftovers covered in
Page 1 of 1