Almond Key Lime Bars
2 to 3 dozen bars
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Baking Time: 20 + 20 min.
Chilling Time: 2 hrs.
- 1/2 - cup plus 3 tablespoons sliced almonds,
- 3/4 - cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 - cup confectioners� sugar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 (14-ounce) cans Sweetened Condensed Milk (NOT
- 1/2 cup key lime juice or regular lime juice
- 3 large egg yolks, beaten
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 3 drops green food coloring (optional)
- Whipped Topping
(optional, recipe below)
Preheat oven to 350�F.
- Chop 1/2 cup almonds.
- In a medium bowl, combine chopped almonds, flour,
confectioners� sugar, almond extract and salt.
- Cut in butter until mixture resembles the size of
- Press on bottom of foil lined 13x9-inch baking
- Press remaining 3 tablespoons sliced almonds into
- Bake 20 minutes or until edges are light brown.
- Reduce oven temperature to 325�F.
- In large bowl, combine Sweetened Condensed Milk,
lime juice, egg yolks, lime zest and food coloring (optional). Beat
- Pour over crust; bake 20 minutes or until center
- Cool for 2 hours. Cut into bars.
- Top with Whipped Topping (optional). Store
leftover covered in refrigerator.
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 4 ounces mascarpone cheese or cream cheese,
- 1/4 cup confectioners� sugar
- In small bowl, beat whipping cream, mascarpone
cheese and sugar until smooth and stiff peaks form.
- Using a pastry bag or spoon top each bar with
Page 1 of 1