Apricot Cherry Crumble Bars
Prep Time: 15 min
Baking time: 36 min
- 1 - box (18.25-ounce) golden vanilla cake mix
- 1/2 - cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 - teaspoons almond extract
- 1 - egg
- 1 - jar (12-ounce) apricot preserves
- 1 - cup cherry-flavored sweetened dried
Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place cake mix, butter, almond extract and egg in
large bowl. Mix well using fork.
- Reserve 2/3 cup mixture for topping. Set aside.
- Press remaining mixture onto bottom of ungreased
13x9-inch pan. Bake 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a 2-quart saucepan, combine apricot
preserves and dried cranberries.
- Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, for 2
to 3 minutes or until preserves are melted.
- Carefully spread fruit mixture over hot,
partially baked crust.
- Sprinkle with reserved cake mix mixture.
- Bake for 24 to 26 minutes or until topping is
light golden brown.
- Cool completely. Cut into bars.
Alan's Kitchen Tip:
- You can also use vanilla or yellow cake mix in
place of the golden vanilla cake mix. The color may be slightly
different, depending on the type of cake mix you use.
- Sweetened dried cranberries come in a variety of
flavors. Choose the flavor you prefer.
Page 1 of 1