Amaretto Truffle Bars
Prep Time: 15 min.
Freezing Time: 1 hr.
- Chocolate Layer Ingredients:
- 4 - squares (1-ounce) bittersweet chocolate
- 6 - (1-ounce) squares (1-ounce) semi-sweet
chocolate baking bars
- 1/3 - cup butter
- 1/2 - cup heavy whipping cream
- Filling Ingredients:
- 3 - Tablespoons instant vanilla pudding and
pie filling mix
- 1/4 - cup butter, melted
- 3 - Tablespoons amaretto liqueur*
- 1 - Tablespoon milk
- 1 - teaspoon vanilla
- 2 - cups powdered sugar
- Topping Ingredients:
- 1 - teaspoon unsweetened cocoa
Line 8-inch square baking pan with aluminum foil,
extending foil over edges.
- In a 2-quart saucepan, combine baking bars, 1/3
cup butter and whipping cream .
- Cook over low heat, stirring often, until smooth.
Reserve 1 cup mixture and set aside.
- Spread remaining chocolate mixture onto bottom of
prepared pan. Freeze for 30 minutes or until set.
- In large bowl, combine pudding mix, 1/4 cup
melted butter, amaretto, milk and vanilla, Stir until well mixed.
- Add powdered sugar; beat at medium speed until
- Spread filling mixture over chocolate mixture in
- Carefully pour reserved chocolate mixture over
filling. Freeze for 30 minutes or until set.
- Lift bars out of pan using foil; cut into bars.
- Lightly sprinkle top of bars with cocoa.
- To serve, place bars in mini paper liners. Store
- *Substitute 3 tablespoons milk plus 1 teaspoon
Alan's Kitchen Tips:
- Prepare pudding with leftover pudding mix.
Combine remaining pudding mix from package with 1 1/4 cups milk.
Follow mixing directions on package.
- Use fine sieve to sprinkle top of bars with
Page 1 of 1