Almond Chocolate Chip Bars
Prep Time: 15 min
Baking Time: 25 min
Cooling time: 30 min
- Bars Ingredients
- 1/2 - cup sugar
- 1/2 - cup butter, softened
- 2 - teaspoons almond extract
- 1 - egg
- 1 - cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 - teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 - teaspoon salt
- 1/2 - cup semi-sweet real chocolate chips
- Glaze Ingredients:
- 1/2 - cup powdered sugar
- 1 - Tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 - Tablespoon milk
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease 8-inch square
- In a large mixer bowl, combine sugar, 1/2 cup
butter and almond extract.
- Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until
creamy. Add egg and mix well.
- Reduce speed to low; add flour, baking powder and
- Beat, scraping bowl often, until well mixed. Stir
in chocolate chips by hand.
- Spread batter into 8-inch square baking pan.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until edges are
golden brown. Cool completely.
- In a small bowl, combine powdered sugar, 1
tablespoon butter and milk. Mix well.
- Spread over cooled bars. Sprinkle with almonds;
press lightly into glaze.
Page 1 of 1