Peanut Butter Chips and Jelly Bars
Prep time: 10 min.
Baking time: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 - cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 - cup sugar
- 3/4 - teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 - cup (1 stick) cold butter or margarine
- 1 - egg, beaten
- 3/4 - cup grape jelly
- 1-2/3 - cups (10-ounce package) Peanut Butter Chips, divided
Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease 9-inch square baking pan.
- Stir together flour, sugar and baking powder. Cut in butter
with pastry blender or fork until mixture resembles coarse
- Stir in beaten egg until blended.
- Reserve 1 cup mixture.
- Press remaining mixture onto bottom of prepared pan.
- Stir jelly to soften and spread evenly over crust.
- Sprinkle 1 cup peanut butter chips over jelly.
- Stir remaining 2/3 cup chips into reserved crumb mixture and
sprinkle over top.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars.
HIGH ALTITUDE DIRECTIONS:
- Increase flour to 1-1/2 cups plus 1 tablespoon.
- Add 1 tablespoon water with egg.
- Do not change baking time or temperature
Page 1 of 1