Peanut Butter Chip Fruit Bars
Prep time: 10 min.
Baking time: 25 min.
- 1-1/2 - cups Peanut Butter Chips, divided
- 1 - package (8-ounces.) cream cheese, softened
- 1 - cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 - egg
- 1 - teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 - cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 - teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 - teaspoon salt
- 1/2 - cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 - cup chopped dried mixed fruit or dried fruit
- ORANGE GLAZE (recipe below)
Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease 13x9x2-inch baking
- Place 1 cup peanut butter chips in microwave-safe
bowl. Microwave at MEDIUM (50%) 1 minute; stir.
- If necessary, microwave an additional 15 seconds
at a time, stirring after each heating, until chips are melted and
smooth when stirred.
- Beat melted peanut butter chips and cream cheese
in large bowl until well blended.
- Add brown sugar, egg and vanilla. Blend well.
- Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; add to
cream cheese mixture, blending well.
- Stir in oats, remaining 1/2 cup peanut butter
chips and dried fruit.
- Spread batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
Cool; spread with ORANGE GLAZE. Cut into bars.
- 1 - cup powdered sugar
- 2 - Tablespoons orange juice
- 1/4 - teaspoon freshly grated orange peel
- Combine powdered sugar, orange juice and freshly
grated orange peel (optional) in small mixing bowl.
- Blend until smooth. (Add additional orange juice,
a teaspoonful at a time, if glaze is too thick.)
Page 1 of 1