Peanut Butter and Milk Chocolate
Chip Brownie Bars
24 to 36 bars
Prep time: 10 min.
Baking time: 45 min.
- 6 - Tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1-1/4 - cups sugar
- 2 - teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 3 - eggs, divided
- 1 - cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/3 - cup Cocoa
- 1/2 - teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 - teaspoon salt
- 1 - can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk (not
- 1/2 - cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1 - cup Milk Chocolate Chips, divided
- 1 - cup Peanut Butter Chips, divided
- 3/4 - teaspoon shortening
Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease 13x9x2-inch baking
- Stir together butter, sugar and 1 teaspoon
vanilla in large bowl. Add 2 eggs; stir until blended.
- Stir together flour, cocoa, baking powder and
- Add to egg mixture, stirring until blended.
Spread in prepared pan.
- Bake 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, stir together sweetened condensed
milk, peanut butter, remaining egg and remaining 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Pour evenly over hot brownie. Set aside 1
tablespoon each milk chocolate chips and peanut butter chips. Sprinkle
remaining chips over peanut butter mixture.
- Return to oven; continue baking 20 to 25 minutes
or until peanut butter layer is set and edges begin to brown.
- Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- Stir together remaining milk chocolate chips,
remaining peanut butter chips and shortening in small microwave-safe
bowl. Microwave at MEDIUM (50%) 30 seconds; stir.
- If necessay, microwave at MEDIUM an additional 15
seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, until chips are melted
and mixture is smooth when stirred.
- Drizzle over top of bars. When drizzle is firm,
cut into bars.
- Store loosely covered at room temperature.
Page 1 of 1