Mocha Streusel Bars
Prep time: 15 min.
Baking time: 25 min.
- 3 to 4 - Tablespoons powdered instant coffee
- 1 - teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 - teaspoon water
- 1 - can (14-ounces) sweetened condensed milk (not
- 2/3 - cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 - cup packed light brown sugar
- 1-1/2 - cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 - cups uncooked rolled oats or
- 3/4 - cup walnut pieces
- 1 - teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 - teaspoon salt
- 1 - egg
- 2 - cups (11.5-ounce package) Milk Chocolate
- 1/2 - teaspoon shortening
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease
13x9x2-inch baking pan.
- Moisten coffee with vanilla and water in medium
bowl. Stir until coffee is dissolved.
- Blend sweetened condensed milk into coffee
mixture. Set aside.
- Beat butter and brown sugar until blended in
large mixer bowl.
- Stir together flour, oats, walnuts, baking powder
and salt; add to butter mixture, blending well.
- Remove 1-2/3 cups oats mixture; set aside.
- Add egg to remaining mixture, blending until
large crumbs form.
- Press egg/crumb mixture on bottom of prepared
- Gently spread coffee mixture on top, spreading
- Set aside 1/4 cup chocolate chips; sprinkle the
remaining chips over coffee mixture.
- Sprinkle reserved crumb mixture over top,
pressing crumbs down lightly.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool in pan on wire rack.
- Place remaining 1/4 cup chocolate chips and
shortening in small microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave at MEDIUM (50%) 30 seconds or until
chocolate chips are melted and mixture is smooth when stirred.
- Drizzle over baked bars. Allow drizzle to set;
cut into bars.
Page 1 of 1