Fudgy Mint Cheesecake Bars
24 to 36 bars
Prep time: 15 min.
Baking time: 42 min.
- 1 - package (4-ounces) Unsweetened Chocolate
Premium Baking Bar, broken into pieces
- 1/2 - cup (1-stick) plus 2-Tablespoons butter or
- 2 - cups sugar
- 4 - eggs
- 2 - teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 - cup all-purpose flour
- 1 - package (8-ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 - Tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 - can (14-ounces) sweetened condensed milk (not
- 1 - teaspoon peppermint extract
- Green food color (optional)
- CHOCOLATE GLAZE (recipe below)
Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
- Melt chocolate with 1/2 cup butter.
- Combine chocolate mixture with sugar, 3 eggs,
vanilla and flour in large bowl, beating until well blended.
- Spread mixture into prepared pan. Bake 12
- Meanwhile, beat cream cheese, remaining 2
tablespoons butter and cornstarch in medium bowl until fluffy.
- Gradually beat in sweetened condensed milk, then
remaining 1 egg, peppermint extract and food color, if desired.
- Pour mixture over hot brownie layer. Bake 30
minutes or until set.
- Spread CHOCOLATE GLAZE over top. Cool.
- Refrigerate until set. Cut into bars.
- Store covered in refrigerator.
Makes about 2/3 cup glaze
- 1 - cup SPECIAL DARK Chocolate Chips or
Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 - cup whipping cream
- Combine SPECIAL DARK Chocolate Chips or HERSHEY'S
Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips and whipping cream in small saucepan.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until
thickened and smooth.
Page 1 of 1