Chocolate Peanut Butter Filled Oat
4 dozen bars
Prep time: 20 min.
Baking time: 25 min.
- 3/4 - cup (1-1/2 sticks) butter or margarine,
- 3/4 - cup Creamy Peanut Butter, divided
- 2 - cups packed light brown sugar
- 2 - eggs
- 1 - teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 - cups quick-cooking rolled oats, uncooked
- 2-1/2 - cups all-purpose flour
- 1 - teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 - teaspoon salt
PEANUT BUTTER FILLING (recipe follows)
- 1-2/3 cups (10-ounces package) Peanut Butter
- 1-1/2 teaspoons shortening (do not use butter,
margarine, spread or oil)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Beat butter and 3/4 cup peanut butter in large
bowl until well blended; beat in brown sugar.
Add eggs and vanilla, beating until well blended.
- Stir together oats, flour, baking soda and
- Gradually stir into butter mixture. (Dough will
- Set aside 2 cups dough.
- Press remaining dough onto bottom of ungreased
15-1/2x10-1/2x1-inch jelly-roll pan.
- Prepare CHOCOLATE
PEANUT BUTTER FILLING and spread over dough.
- Set aside 1/2 cup peanut butter chips for
- Add remaining peanut butter chips to reserved
- Crumble mixture over filling.
- Bake 25 minutes or until top is golden brown
(chocolate will be soft). Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- Place reserved 1/2 cup peanut butter chips and
shortening in small microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave at MEDIUM (50%) 30 seconds and stir.
- If necessary, microwave an additional 10 seconds
at a time, stirring after each heating, until chips are melted and
mixture is smooth when stirred.
- Drizzle over bars; allow drizzle to set. Cut into
- 1/2 - cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1/3 - cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 - cup Cocoa
- 1 - can (14-ounces) sweetened condensed milk (not
- 1-1/2 - teaspoons vanilla extract
- Melt peanut butter and butter in medium saucepan
over low heat. Stir in cocoa.
- Add sweetened condensed milk; heat, stirring
constantly, until smooth and thick.
- Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla.
Page 1 of 1