Chip and Nut Blondie Cake Bars
about 24 bars
Prep time: 15 min
Baking time: 20 min
- 1/2 - cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, softened
- 1/3 - cup sucralose-brown sugar blend
- 1 - egg
- 1 - Tablespoon milk
- 2 - teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 - cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 - teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 - teaspoon salt
- 1-1/3 - cups (8-ounces package) Sugar Free Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 - cup coarsely chopped nuts
- 1/4 - teaspoon shortening (do not use butter, margarine, spreads or
Preheat oven to 350�F. Grease 8- or 9-inch square baking pan.
- Beat butter and brown sugar blend in large bowl until well blended.
- Add egg, milk and vanilla; beat well.
- Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; add to butter mixture,
beating until well blended.
- Set aside 2 tablespoons chocolate chips. Stir the remaining chips
and nuts into batter.
- Spread batter in prepared pan.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until cake begins to pull from sides of
pan, toothpick inserted in center comes out clean and surface is
lightly browned. (Do not overbake.)
- Cool completely in pan on wire rack. (As it cools the center will
- Place reserved 2 tablespoons chips and shortening in small
- Microwave at MEDIUM (50%) 30 seconds; stir.
- If necessary, microwave at MEDIUM an additional 10 seconds at time,
stirring after each heating, until chips are melted and smooth when
- Drizzle melted chocolate over surface of cake; allow to set. Cut
Page 1 of 1