Fudgy Almond Bars
Makes 24 to 26 bars
Time: 10 min.
Baking Time: 45 min.
- 3/4 - cup (1-1/2 sticks) butter or
- 3/4 - cup powdered sugar
- 1-1/2 - cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 - cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 - cup Hershey's Cocoa
- 1 - can (14-ounces) sweetened
condensed milk (not evaporated milk)
- 1-1/4 - cups almonds, toasted and
- 1/2 - cup hot water
- 2 - eggs, well beaten
- 1/2 - teaspoon almond extract
- 1/8 - teaspoon salt
Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Beat 3/4 cup butter and powdered
sugar in large bowl until well blended.
- Add flour and mix well.
- Press mixture evenly onto bottom
of ungreased 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
- Bake 15 minutes or until lightly
- Meanwhile, in medium saucepan over
low heat, melt 1/3 cup butter and stir in cocoa.
- Remove from heat; stir in
sweetened condensed milk, almonds, water, eggs, almond extract
- Pour evenly over prepared crust
and return to oven.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until
center is set.
- Cool completely in pan on wire
rack and cut into bars.
- Cover and store in refrigerator.
* Alan's Kitchen Tip:
To toast almonds: Preheat oven to 350° F. Spread almonds in thin layer in
shallow baking pan. Bake 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until
light golden brown and cool.