Peanut Butter Caramel Bars
Makes 60 bars
Time: 25 min.
Baking Time: 15 to 20 min.
Cooking Time: 6 to
Chilling Time: 3 hrs.
Cookie Bar Recipe Directions:
Preheat oven to 375° F.
1) In large bowl, combine sugar, brown sugar,
butter and peanut butter.
2) Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often,
3) Add egg and continue beating until well
4) Reduce speed to low; add flour, baking
powder and salt. Beat until dough forms.
5) Press dough evenly into ungreased
15x10x1-inch baking pan.
6) Sprinkle pecans evenly over dough.
7) Place baking pan in oven and bake for 15 to
20 minutes or until crust is lightly browned around edges.
8) Meanwhile, place caramels and half & half
in 2-quart heavy saucepan.
9) Cook for 6 to 11 minutes over medium heat,
stirring constantly, until smooth. Stir in vanilla.
10) Drizzle caramel mixture evenly over
pecans; sprinkle with chocolate chips.
11) Cool completely, for about 3 hours, at
room temperature. Cut into bars.