Carrot Cake Chewy Oatmeal Bars
Makes 20 to 22 servings
Prep Time: 10 min.
Baking Time: 30 to 35 min.
- 1 box Classic Carrot Decadent Cake Mix
- 1 cup hot tap water (for hydrating carrots and raisins)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup packed
- 1/3 cup light
- 2/3 cup
- 2 cups quick cooking
- 1/2 cup coconut (optional)
- 1/2 cup nuts (optional)
Preheat oven to 350° F. and lightly grease a
9x13-inch baking pan.
1) Add carrots and raisins to hot tap water. Allow to
hydrate for a minimum of 5 minutes. Drain and squeeze out excess
water. In small sauce pan, melt brown sugar, corn syrup and butter
on medium. Bring to a boil and cook for 3 minutes. Remove from
2) To a mixing bowl add the cake mix, drained carrots and
raisins, coconut, nuts, oatmeal and egg. Mix by hand until
blended. Pour in the melted brown sugar, butter mixture and stir
until well mixed. Spread evenly into a prepared 9x13-inch baking
3) Place baking pan in oven and bake for 30-35mins. Remove from oven and immediately press down on surface of
hot cooked bars with spatula. Cool and refrigerate before cutting.