Caramel Oat Cookie Bars
Makes 16 servings
Prep Time: 15 min.
Baking Time: 20 min.
Cookie Bar Recipe Directions:
Preheat oven to 350-degrees F. Grease a 8-inch-square
or 9-inch-square baking pan.
1) For base, beat butter and sugar in small bowl of electric
mixer on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, for 3 minutes.
2) Add oats and flour; beat until smooth.
3) Press into baking pan. Bake for 20 minutes or until set.
4) Meanwhile, prepare caramel mixture. Heat condensed milk,
butter and brown sugar to a boil in heavy saucepan over medium
5) Boil, stirring constantly, for 5 minutes. Remove from
heat; stir in vanilla.
6) Pour caramel mixture over cooked base; allow to cool
7) To prepare icing, melt butter in saucepan over medium heat.
8) Stir in cocoa and water until smooth.
9) Add confectioners' sugar and stir until mixed well.
10) Spread over cooled caramel layer.
11) Allow to set before cutting. Store refrigerated.
Page 1 of 1