Almond Blondie Triangle Cookie Bars
Makes 18 Triangle Bars
Prep Time : 25 min.
Baking Time: 30 to 35 min.
Cookie Bar Recipe Directions:
Preheat oven to 350-degrees. Line an 8″ square pan
with foil. Let ends extend above pan on 2 sides. Grease foil in
1) In a blender or food processor, process
toasted almonds using the on/off button just until finely chopped.
2) Add sugar and butter and process on/off until well mixed.
3) Press mixture evenly over the bottom of the foil lined pan.
1) In a microwave or a saucepan, melt butter
over low heat.
2) Off heat, add the white chocolate and let
stand 2 minutes. Whisk until smooth.
3) Meanwhile beat the
eggs, both sugars and baking powder in a medium bowl with an
electric mixer on high speed until pale and fluffy, about 2
4) Beat in cooled white chocolate, the lemon peel and
5) Stir in flour just until blended.
batter evenly over the crust. Sprinkle with slivered almonds,
patting almonds down slightly into batter.
7) Bake for 30 to
35 minutes until a pick inserted in the center comes out with a
8) Cool in pan on wire rack. Lift foil by ends
onto a cutting board.
9) Cut brownies into 9 squares. Cut each square in half
Kitchen Recipe Tips
To Toast Almonds: You
want to spread almonds in a shallow pan and bake in a 350-degree
oven for 10 minutes, stirring once or twice, until lightly
browned. Let almonds cool completely before chopping.
Page 1 of 1