Prep Time: 15 min.
Baking Time: 25 min.
- 3 to 4 - Tablespoons powdered instant
- 1 - teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 - teaspoon water
- 1 - can (14-ounces) sweetened
condensed milk (not evaporated milk)
- 2/3 - cup butter or margarine,
- 1 - cup packed light brown sugar
- 1-1/2 - cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 - cups uncooked rolled oats or
- 3/4 - cup walnut pieces
- 1 - teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 - teaspoon salt
- 1 - egg
- 1-1/3 - cups (8-ounces package)
Hershey's Mini Chocolate Bars, divided
- 1/2 - teaspoon shortening
Heat oven to 350�F. and lightly grease
13x9x2-inch baking pan.
- Moisten coffee with vanilla and water
in medium bowl. Stir until coffee is dissolved.
- Blend sweetened condensed milk into
coffee mixture and set aside.
- Beat butter and brown sugar until
blended in large mixer bowl.
- Stir together flour, oats, walnuts,
baking powder and salt; add to butter mixture, blending well.
- Remove 1-2/3 cups oats mixture; set
- Add egg to remaining mixture, blending
until large crumbs form.
- Press egg/crumb mixture on bottom of
- Gently spread coffee mixture on top,
- Set aside 1/4 cup chocolate bar
pieces; sprinkle the remaining pieces over coffee mixture.
- Sprinkle reserved crumb mixture over
top, pressing crumbs down lightly.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until lightly
browned and edges are bubbly.
- Cool in pan on wire rack.
- Place remaining 1/4 cup chocolate bar
pieces and shortening in small microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave at HIGH (100%) 30 seconds or
until chocolate pieces are melted and mixture is smooth when stirred.
- Drizzle over baked bars and allow
drizzle to set; cut into bars.