1929 In Western Movie Trivia
Saddle up to this FANatical About Westerns Trivia quiz.
"Check Your Answers" at the bottom
of the page.
1) On January 20, 1929, the movie In Old Arizona was released.
The film was the first full-length talking film to be filmed outdoors. What was the main character's name?
- John Mosby
- George Crook
- Cisco Kid
2) Who was the Oscar Best Actor for his role In Old Arizona?
- Tom Mix
- Gary Cooper
- Warner Baxter
3) Who was the well-known for his spaghetti western films and his
recognizable style of juxtaposing extreme close-up shots with lengthy long
shots born on January 3, 1929?
- Clint Eastwood
- Roger Stone
- Sergio Leone
4) College boy Clarence Butts has been sent west by the Doctor to join
McKenzie's circus. There he finds Calamity Jane running roughshod over
everyone. Who plays Clarence Butts in the movie Courtin' Wildcats?
- Monty Montague
- Pete Morrison
- Hoot Gibbson
5) Trying to trick Ma and Mary Winters into selling their rundown
ranch, which will be in the path of a future railroad, Underwood hires
Keno Creager to impersonate Jimmy Winters, not seen by his mother and
sister for many years. What Western was this the plot?
- Overland Bound
- The Way West
6) Marshal Bill Strong sees Red and his gang rob Jake Grant and make
him a prisoner. Who plays Bill Strong in the Western The Arizona Kid?
- John Wayne
- Richard Arlen
- Art Acord
7) This silent Western stars Yakima Canutt. What is the Westerns'
- The King of Queens
- Bad Men's Money
- The Iron Fist
8) This silent Western was released on May 11, 1929. The Western stars
Tim McCoy as Jed Tyler. What is the movie's title?
- Western Rider
- The Desert Rider
- Montana Rider
9) See KEN MAYNARD In His FIRST TALKING PICTURE! Was the
tagline. Can you name the Western film?
- The Wagon Master
- Ken Maynard Rides
- Trouble in Texas
10. "If you want to call me that, smile!" is a line from The
Virginian (1929) starring Gary Cooper. Who said the line?
- The Virginian