Sergeant Preston of the Yukon
What do you know about Sergeant Preston of the
Yukon? Try this Alan�s TV Westerns Trivia quiz. You�ll find the
answers at the bottom of the page.
1) It was a radio series that began on Detroit's station WXYZ (as had
The Lone Ranger and The Green Hornet), and an example of a
Northern genre story. The series was first heard on February 3, 1938.
Under the title Sergeant Preston of the Yukon, it later
transferred to television. What was the original titile?
- Challenge of the Yukon
- North West Mounted Police
- Mounties of Canada
2) What was the name of Sergeant Preston�s dog?
- Yukon King
- Rex the Sled Dog
3) The radio show began in 1938, what was the length of the radio
4) Who became the shows sponsor beginning in 1947?
- Ralston � Purina
- Quaker Oats
5) When was the series name changed to Sergeant Preston of the
- February 1947
- November 1951
- August 1948
6) When did Sergeant Preston of the Yukon first air on TV?
- September 29, 1955
- August 12, 1955
- October 15, 1955
7) Who played Sergeant Preston on TV.
- Art Mantooth
- Bob Baker
- Richard Simmons
8) The theme song for this series, like that of "The Lone
Ranger" (1949), is from the operatic repertoire. The music is
adapted from the "Overture to Donna Diana: by 'Nikolaus von
9) What was the name of Sergeant Preston�s horse?
From 1951 to 1958 Dell Comics published 29 issues of Sergeant
Preston of the Yukon. The first four issues appeared bi-annually,
then quarterly, in the weekly catch-all series, Four Color Comics
(#344,373,397,419), then assumed its own numbering with issue #5,
most-often as a quarterly, but also bi-monthly.