Choose an answer from the three choices
and True/False offered after each question and then "Check Your Answers"
at the end of the quiz.
Marshall Dan Troop and Deputy Johnny McKay are lawman in what Western
2. In the second season, they added Lily Merrill. The actors�
playing Marshall Troop is John Russell and Deputy McKay is Peter Brown.
Peggy Castle played saloon owner Lily Merrill. What was the name of the
- Birdcage Saloon
- Wagon Wheel Saloon
- Lily's Saloon
3. The first episode aired October 5, 1958. Who played Flynn Hawks in
- Ty Hardin
- Brooks Moore
- Jack Elam
4. Virgil Carey is in jail and is due to be hung. While guarding him
Johnny is duped and the prisoner escapes. The town council is angry and
because of his age and inexperience want his resignation. Troop defends
him. They set off to look for Carey and the first stop is the Carey
family cabin. In a shootout both Troop and Johnny shoot and young Davey
Carey is killed. Troop lets everyone know it was his gun that killed
him...even though it was Johnny's. Who played Davey in this episode?
- Lane Allen
- Robert Fuller
- Steve McQueen
5. Lily's husband Frank Quinlivan surprises her by showing up in
Laramie. He is just out of prison and wants Lilly's help with a bank
job. Lilly refuses but Frank has an ace up his sleeve...their son,
Tommy. He has Tommy with him and if Lilly doesn't help him she'll never
see him again. Lilly is forced to comply. Dan suspects something is
wrong with her but Lilly will not confide in him for fear of losing
Tommy. Who played Frank?
- Ted Knight
- Ward Bond
- Mike Road
6. In this episode, Marshal Troop and Johnny come up against a wild
young woman whose boyfriend is in their jail, and she intends to let
nothing stand in the way of her getting him out of it. Who played
boyfriend Pete Bole?
- Peter Breck
- Johnny Horton
- Jack Elam
7. The episode that aired June 17, 1962 was titled The Unmasked. Who
played Doc Peters?
- Fuzzy Knight
- Jack Albertson
- John Rowland
8. He played Marshall Stockburn in Clint Eastwood's Pale Rider
9. In the early 1960s when TV-western mania reached its peak, an
American magazine sponsored a contest for the actors who portrayed
western heroes and villains. Since the climactic moment of so many shows
was the classic quick-draw shoot-out, the actors had to acquire that
skill to play their scenes. The magazine held a competition among some
of the stars of the shows, firing blanks, aiming not at each other but
downrange, and using an electronic timer. Quite a number of cowboy stars
showed up to "slap leather." Peter Brown beat them all and won
the title of the fastest gun in Hollywood.
10. Starting out as a magazine model, Peggy Castle made her first
film in 1947, and within three years, she was prominently cast as a
succession of gun molls, b-girls and murderesses. Where was she born?
- Appalachia, Virginia
- Bridgeport, West Virginia
- Vienna, Virginia