What do you know about The
"Check Your Answers"
at the end of the quiz.
1) The Americans is the story of the Canfield brothers, Ben
and Jeff, who had taken up arms on opposites sides of the Civil War.
2) Who played Jeff?
3) Who played Pa Canfield
4) In the episode Harper's Ferry: the Canfield family finds
itself split down the middle after the Civil War breaks out when
Confederate forces attack the Union arsenal at Harpers Ferry.
5) A regular-army sergeant is given the job of delivering badly
needed guns to a volunteer unit. However, when he sees how badly trained
the unit's soldiers are and how inexperienced its captain is, he refuses
to complete the mission. This the plot for which episode?
Rebellion at Blazing Rock
The Mountain Ridge
6) The series was based on James Warner Bellah's "The Valiant
7) Ben is having trouble with his soldiers, who are volunteers and
not regular troops. They only signed up for a short time and don't take
the war particularly seriously. In addition, Ben's captain his getting
on his case because he believes a big battle is brewing and he doesn't
want to fight it with ill-disciplined and unmotivated troops.
On to Washington
The Vicksburg Campaign
On to Richmond
8) In the episode
Half Moon Road: Jeff is taken deep into the back
country on a potentially dangerous mission--recruiting sharpshooters for
the Confederate army from among the reclusive and suspicious backwoods
Who played Charlie Goodwin?
9) The plot for episode The War Between the States is: Ben
finds himself in a quandary when his best friend falls for a Confederate
Who plays the Rebel girl?
10) Congress wants answers as to why the Battle of Ball's Bluff
turned so disastrous, and a very angry Union officer believes he has
them. The episode was The Inquisitors.