Boots and Saddles
What do you know about Boots and
Take this quick FUN
TV Westerns quiz.
"Check Your Answers"
at the end of the quiz.
The story is about a cavalry regiment stationed at Fort Lowell, Arizona
Territory in the 1870s.
What was the regiment?
2) Who was NOT in the cast?
3) When did the first episode air?
September 19, 1957
October 3, 1957
October 24, 1957
4) The Kanab western fort set used on the series was
also seen in the opening credits of TV's "Branded" (1965). It
was featured extensively in Duel at Diablo (1966).
5) What was the episode were an unscrupulous
gunrunner sells new repeating rifles to the Apaches, resulting in the
troops at Fort Lowell being outgunned and placing the entire frontier in
The Repeater Rifle
The Captures Gun
6) Who played Capt. Shank Adams?
7) Trooper Grimes, a troublemaker who Capt. Adams
never had any use for, is caught deliberately giving an Apache prisoner
bad water. The incident confirms Adams' decision to get rid of Grimes, but
Grimes doesn't see it that way.
Who played Trooper Grimes in the episode,
8) In episode, Terror at Fort Lowell, Pvt.
Swanson is depressed, discouraged and tired of the constant fighting. His
weariness, bordering on battle fatigue, results in his taking out his
frustrations on the fort's Indian scout.
Who played Pvt. Swanson?
House Peters Jr.
9) Who played Slocum in the episode The Strange
Death of Trooper Jones ?
10) When was the last episode: The
May 13, 1958
June 10, 1958
August 15, 1958