What do you know about Jean
Answers" at the end of the quiz.
Take 2 points for each right answer.
Maximum this page: 24 points!
1) Arthur was born Gladys Georgianna Greene
in Plattsburgh, New York.
What day was she born?
October 17, 1899
October 17, 1900
October 17, 1901
2) An omen of many of her later film roles, she worked as a
stenographer on Bond Street in lower Manhattan during World War
3) Discovered by Fox Film Studios
while she was doing commercial modeling in New York City in the
early 1920s, Arthur debuted in the silent film Cameo Kirby
Who directed the film?
4) Arthur's first marriage, to photographer
Julian Anker in 1928, was annulled after one day.
5) In 1935, who starred opposite in the gangster
farce The Whole Town's Talking?
6) The turning point in Jean
Arthur's career came when she was chosen by director Frank Capra
to star in Mr. Deeds Goes to Town.
Who was her co-star?
7) Who did
Jean Arthur play in Cecil B. DeMille's The Plainsman (1936)?
story is set in the pioneer days of Tucson, Arizona in 1860 in
the Western film Arizona (1940). William Holden co-stars with
How many years is Arthur over Holden?
9) She married a movie producer in 1932. They
divorced in 1949. Arthur did not have any children.
John F. Martin
10) She was an homesteader's wife in the
classic Western Shane (1953), which turned out to be the biggest
box-office hit of her career.
Who did she play?
11) Jean Arthur
died on June 19, 1991 at the age of 90 in Carmel, California.
What was the cause of death?
12) Where is Jean Arthur buried?
Cremated, ashes buried at the Episcopal Church of Heavenly,
New York City, New York
Cremated, ashes scattered at sea
near Carmel-by-the-Sea, California
Forest Lawn Memorial
Park, Glendale, California