Born: February 5, 1919, Beverly Hills, California
Died: February 15, 1973 (age 54), Shawnee, Oklahoma
Holt was an film actor. He was the son of actor Jack Holt and his
wife, Margaret Woods. He was sent to study at Culver Military Academy in
Culver, Indiana from which he graduated in 1936 then immediately went to
work in the Hollywood film business.
What do you know about
Holt? Take this quick
Alan's FUN Westerns Trivia quiz. "Check Your Answers" at the end of the quiz.
1. As a youngster, Tim appeared in a couple of his
Westerns. However, in 1948, father and son star in a 1948 RKO Pictures
film. What is the movies title?
- Silver City
- Arizona Rangers
2. In 1940, Tim stars, replacing George O'Brien, in a series of
Westerns. What is the name of the movie?
- Virginia City
- Wagon Train
- Wagons Westward
3. Over his career, this Western star had supporting roles in many
major films. One if the 1939 Stagecoach. Who is his character?
- Ringo Kid
- Hondo Lane
- Lt. Blanchard
4. In 1946, after coming back from active duty during World War Two,
Tim gets a role in John Ford's My Darling Clementine. Who is
the character Tim plays?
- Virgil Earp
- Morgan Earp
- Wyatt Earp
5. One of his most noted roles is in the classic The Treasure of
the Sierra Madre. Who is NOT in the movie's cast?
- Humphrey Bogart
- Tim Holt
- John Wayne
6. In this 1947 release, Tim is the hero and Richard Powers plays the
bad guy. Richard Powers is the new stage name of Tom Keene. What is the
- Under Colorado Skies
- Under the Tonto Rim
- Vigilantes of Boom Town
7. Dave Saunders and his sidekick Chito, cowhands looking for work,
arrive in Sundown Valley, Wyoming just in time to stop sheep ranch
foreman Jess Rawlins from lynching cattleman Tug Caldwell. Rawlins seems
set on starting a range war; but why? Who plays Chito Rafferty?
- Richard Martin
- Bill Kennedy
- Marvin Jones
8. In his last Western, recent parolee John Carver returns to town to
collect his hidden stolen money and hires stagecoach line owners Tim
Holt and Chito Rafferty to take him to Mexico. The pair soon find they
may have taken on more than they bargained for as it seems everyone
Carver ever knew is out for the money and will stop at nothing to get
it. What was this 1952 Western?
- High Plains Gunman
- Desert Passage
- On to Mexico
9. In 1973, at the age of fifty-four, Tim Holt died from bone cancer
in Shawnee, Oklahoma, where he had been managing a radio station.
10. Where is Tim Holt buried?
- Memory Lane Cemetery in Harrah, Oklahoma
- Cremated, Ashes scattered over Hollywood, California
- Pacific View Memorial Park Cemetery, Corona del Mar, California