Johnny Mack Brown
What do you know about Johnny Mack Brown?
Enjoy this FUN Western Trivia quiz.
Answers" at the end of the quiz.
Playing the halfback position on his university's football
team, Brown helped his team to become the 1926 NCAA Division
I-A national football champions. What university did he
2. As an All-American college football player, he was
pictured on Wheaties cereal
3. What was the first film he had a bit part and is
The Divine Woman
4. The movie Billy the Kid made in 1930 by director
King Vidor stars Johnny Mack Brown as Billy the Kid. Film on
location in Lincoln County, New Mexico, Brown is reported to
have used historical guns. Who's gun did he use?
- Pat Garrett
- Billy the Kid
- Chuck Chisholm
5. Because of the moderate success, MGM allows Brown to
leave the studio and they decide to build the career of
another actor. Who is this MGM actor?
- John Wayne
- Clark Gable
- Joel McCrea
6. In the 1934 film by Paramount
Belle of the Nineties.
Johnny Mack Brown did not have the lead. Who is the main star
in this film?
- Cecilia Parker
- Irene Bentley
- Mae West
7. In 1942, he played Alabama Brewster in
Ride 'Em Cowboy. The leads were Bud Abbott and Lou Costello.
8. In 1943, he appears in a trio Western with Bob Steele.
What is the series title?
- Rough Riders
- Rangers from Texas
- The Crimson Tide
9. In 1952, the 48 year-old-actor retires from films. What
is his last as the lead actor?
- Requiem for a Gunfighter
- The Marshal's Daughter
- Canyon Ambush
10. His last film is Apache Uprising (1966). He plays a
small part as Sheriff Ben Hall. Who was the lead actor?
- Audie Murphy
- DeForest Kelley
- Rory Calhoun
9. What was the cause of Brown's death?
- Heart failure
- Lung cancer
- Prostrate cancer
10. Where is Johnny Mack Brown buried?
- Forest Lawn Memorial Park Cemetery, Glendale, California
- Holy Trinity Cemetery, Dothan, Alabama,
- Westwood Memorial Park Cemetery, Westwood, California