What do you know about Bill Elliott?
Enjoy this FUN Western Trivia quiz. "Check Your
Answers" at the end of the quiz.
Born on October 16, 1903 in Pattonsburg, Missouri. What is
his birth name?
- William Elliott
- Gordon Elliott
- Gordon Nance
2. In 1927, he had made his first Western,
Wildcat, and in it, played his first featured role.
3. In 1938, Columbia Pictures gives Elliott the lead in a
chapter serial. It would be a successful serial and the real
beginning of Elliott's career in the saddle. What is this
- Gold I Where You Find It
- Gun Law
- The Great Adventures of Wild Bill Hickok
4. In Early Arizona was a film that makes Elliott
the complement to Charles Starrett. Instead of being Gordon
Elliott, he becomes?
- Wyatt Earp
- Wild Bill Elliott
- Bill Elliott
5. In 1943, Elliott goes to Republic and stars in his
first Republic film. What is the title?
- Border Patrol
- Colt Comrades
- Calling Wild Bill Elliott
6. In 1943, Republic Pictures cast him in a series of
Westerns. Who plays his sidekick?
- George 'Gabby' Hayes.
- Dub 'Cannonball' Taylor
- Buddy Ebsen
7. In 1946, Republic allows Elliott to move from B
Westerns to their A list. The Plainsman and the Lady
with Elliott wanting to set up Pony Express. Actress Vera
Ralston plays the heroine. Who was she married too?
- Bill Elliott
- Joseph Kane, movies Joseph Kane
- Herbert Yates, Republic Pictures head
8. During the making of his Red Ryder series his horse
was called Lighting.
9. Pitchman for Viceroy cigarettes during the detective
series "The Lineup" (1954).
10. The first of the five films where Bill Elliott played
a detective lieutenant in the L.A Sheriff's department, Dial
Red "O" (the correct title with the number 0
(zero), as on a telephone dial, shown in "). What
character does he play?
- Det. Lt. Andy Flynn
- Sgt. Tony Columbo
- Major Ralph Wyatt
11. What did Elliott die from?
- Heart disease
- Lung cancer
- Natural causes
12. Where is Wild Bill Elliott buried?
- Palm Desert Memorial, Las Vegas, Nevada
- Westwood Memorial Park, Los Angeles, Los
Angeles County, California
- Saint Helenas Episcopal Churchyard, Beaufort, South Carolina