Texas Size Sirloin Quesadillas
Makes 16 servings
Prep Time: 20 min.
Marinate Time: 4 hrs. or overnight
Cooking Time: 20 min.
1) Slice steak diagonally across the grain
into thin slices.
2) In a large sealable plastic bag combine
wine, garlic, cumin, chili powder and olive oil.
3) Add meat to bag. Seal bag and turn to
coat meat strips. Marinate in refrigerator for 4 hours or
overnight if desired.
4) Cut poblano peppers in half, remove seeds
and veins, and cut into strips.
5) Add 2 Tablespoon of vegetable oil to a
hot skillet and saute onions and pepper strips until onions are
clear. Remove and set aside.
6) In the same skillet, heat 1-2 Tablespoon
vegetable oil and stir fry well-drained, marinated beef over
medium-high heat until outsides of strips are no longer pink.
7) Add pepper-onion mixture and stir fry
until heated through (about 1 minute).
8) Drain beef, pepper and onion mixture in
9) Place a tortilla on a large dry griddle
or skillet until it begins to brown.
10) Sprinkle with grated cheese, stir fry
mixture, chopped cilantro and more cheese.
11) Cover with another tortilla. Turn and
grill until cheese melts and tortilla begins to brown.
12) Cut quesadilla in half and serve hot. Garnish with avocado slices.
Kitchen Tip:You can serve Pico de Gallo and
sour cream with this quesadilla.