Beef Sandwiches with Onion Marmalade
Prep Time: 1-1/2 hours
Cooking Time: 5 minutes or less
- Onion Marmalade Ingredients:
- 1 - cup white or yellow onion,
- 1 - cup purple onion, chopped
- 3 - green onions, chopped
- 2 - Tablespoons oil
- 1/4 - cup sugar
- 2 - Tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 - teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 - teaspoon salt
- 1/8 - teaspoon pepper
- Dash ground cloves
- Sandwich Ingredients:
- 3/4 - pound thinly sliced deli roast
- 4 - endive or lettuce leaves
- 4 - French rolls (6-inches)
- Sauté onions in oil in a large saucepan
over medium-low heat 1 hour or until very tender, stirring
- Stir in sugar, vinegar, Worcestershire,
salt, pepper, and ground cloves.
- Cook over low heat, stirring
occasionally 25-30 minutes or until liquid evaporates.
- Cool completely. Refrigerate in a
tightly covered container up to 1 week.
- To assemble sandwiches, bring onion
mixture to room temperature.
- Place endive or lettuce leaves on bottom
halves of toasted rolls.
- Arrange beef over endive. Spread onion
mixture evenly over beef.
- Place top halves on rolls. Cut each
sandwich in half.
Page 1 of 1