Apricot-Glazed Pork Chops
Time: 10 min.
Grilling Time: 9 min.
- 1 - cup apricot jam
- 3 - Tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 - Tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 - teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 - gloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 - teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 - pork chops, 1" thick (2 pounds)
- salt and pepper to taste
Preheat grill to medium-hot fire.
- In a small pan, combine the jam and vinegar.
Over a low heat, cook until jam melts. Stir the mixture constantly.
- Then add the soy sauce, ginger, garlic,
cayenne pepper. Remove from heat and set the glaze aside.
- Trim pork chops. Lightly brush chops with
oil. Add pepper. Place chops on a well-oiled grill.
- Cook chops 3 minutes on each side. Brush
glaze on one side of chops, flip over chops to cook 2 to 3 minutes.
- Brush glaze on other side, flip the chops
over and cook an 2 to 3 minutes.
- Cut center to check for doneness. You want a
light pink blush near the bone. Add salt at the table.
- Use remaining glaze to allow others to add
more glaze at the table.