Grilled San Antonio Pork
Makes 12 servings
- 1/2 - fresh pork leg roast, about 4 lbs.
- 1 - teaspoon salt
- 1/2 - teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 - cup smoky barbecue sauce
- 1/2 - cup grape jelly
- 2 - teaspoon chili powder
Prepare your grill to a medium indirect heat
according to manufacturer's directions.
- Sprinkle pork roast with salt and
- Place roast on grill over indirect heat, not
directly over fire.
- Cover and cook about 1 hour and 20 minutes
(18 to 20 minutes per pound).
- In a small bowl, stir together barbecue
sauce, jelly and chili powder.
- During the last 30 minutes of cook time,
baste roast with sauce mixture every 5 to 10 minutes or until done (internal
temp 155-degrees F).
- Remove roast from grill and let rest 5 to 10