Brisket with Stone-Ground Mustard Sauce
Prep Time: 30 min
Cooking Time: 3 hrs + 8 min
- Brisket Ingredients:
- 1 - (3-pound) beef brisket
- 6 - cups water
- 1/4 - cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 - cups (2-inch cut) celery
- 4 - medium carrots, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 - medium onions, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 - teaspoon salt
- 1 - teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 - teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 2 - bay leaves
- Sauce Ingredients:
- 3 - Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 - cup country-style Dijon mustard
- 1/2 - cup currant jelly
- 1/2 - cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 - teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Place brisket in 5-quart saucepan or Dutch oven. Add
- Add parsley, celery, carrots, onions, salt, pepper,
thyme, and bay leaves. bring to a full boil.
- Cover and cook over medium-low heat until brisket is
fork tender for 2 1/2 to 3 hours.
- Remove bay leaves. Place brisket and vegetables on
serving platter. Reserve 1 1/2 cups broth.
- Place 1 1/2 cups reserved broth in same pan; stir in
flour with wire whisk.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until
smooth and bubbly for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in all remaining sauce ingredients.
- Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until sauce
is thickened for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Serve over carved brisket and vegetables.